The First Baptist Church of Baldwin was admitted to the Jacksonville Baptist Association in 1902 with a membership of 13.
In 1904 a small frame building was constructed on two lots deeded to the church by Mr. and Mrs. D.J. Parish. There were now 50 members.
A cement block building replaced the original structure in 1920 on the same site. Pews were slat benches with no padding. A potbellied stove provided the heat and hand-held fans provided the cooling. There were 75 members at that time.
1950 found the church being expanded under the leadership and workmanship of Pastor Elmer Noble. A kitchen, fellowship hall and baptistry were added. The first baptism was held on September 30, 1951. Our first pastorium was built on Orange Avenue. Later is was sold. Our present pastorium was bought from Owen Thomas.
In 1962 the East Wing was added and in 1969 the North Wing was completed for Sunday School classes and a Fellowship Hall. Land was purchased for parking space and Daycare playground. Membership had risen to 126.
In 1970 Marion Stokes began a Kindergarten at the church which continued for seven years. Daycare began with Ms. Norma Francis as Director in 1982. It started with 20 pupils and has grown to around 50. A modular building unit was added for the Adult Sunday School Classes in 1993.
In 1995 our Building Program began under the leadership of Rev. Bob Loy. The old walls were removed and the building enlarged on each side. New pews, choir chairs and sound system were purchased by members. The membership was now over 300.
The church purchased the former IGA store for the Family Life Center in 1997.